Best Practices?

Discuss about latest seo trends and techniques.

Moderators: sendtogeo, hellow0rld, eugene

Best Practices?

Postby tpsmktg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 am

I just installed SEO Panel and have spent a few hours playing with it. Usually I can figure stuff like this out pretty quickly, but I'm having trouble, so let me ask some questions. Hopefully someone can shed some light, and tell me the best way to use this software.

I added three web sites, and from the first tab, "SEO Panel," I see them listed, with Ranks, Backlinks, etc, in a table. All well and good. But first I have to say, this could be a lot more intuitive--it took me some time to figure out how to get data there!

Under Sitename/URL, the link takes me to the actual site. This is not something I want to jump to. What I want to jump to is all the detail for the sites, such as keywords, rank history, etc. In other words, I know how to get to the site -- what I want to jump to, in this software, is all the data for that site.

Then I noticed the numbers shown don't seem to match reality...the Alexa rankings are spot on. But f the Google page rank is 0, why doesn't it say "0"? Instead it shows "-" which makes me wonder if has even checked it. The next col., Google backlinks, is wrong (it's telling me "-" again, and I know it's not "0" so has it really checked?), as is "MSN" backlinks -- but shouldn't that say "Bing"?

But the big thing is, I started at the top and worked my way down, but apparently you have to it the other way around. On the second tab, "SEO Tools," the first link "Keyword Summary" is no help at all until you've first visited the FIFTH link (Keywords Manager) and added keywords, and then the SIXTH link (Generate Keyword Reports), to generate some actual data. This is very confusing for a first time user.

What would be very helpful would be for contextual help such as, you have no keywords entered, click here to add some, and then, you have no reports generated yet, click here to get started. Are there "How to ..." instructions somewhere? The help files are sparse. Video demos would be even better.

Bottom line -- What's the best way (best practices) to set this up quickly so it tells me what I want to know -- "how do my sites rank for these keywords?" and "is my position improving or degrading?"

Thanks.
tpsmktg

Re: Best Practices?

Postby seopanel_forum » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks for suggestions.

We are working on video tutorials and will be soon added in www.seopanel.in for all users.

I will update here once it is ready.
Thanks,
Seo Panel Team
https://www.seopanel.org
seopanel_forum
Site Admin

Re: Best Practices?

Postby kalibarbossa » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:28 am

Best Practices is basically appearing how people can manage together and maintain their ideas and views like leadership,manager ,etc according to work they will describe their work.
kalibarbossa

Return to Seo Discussion