Translations missing?

Discuss about Seo Panel Installation steps and issues

Moderators: sendtogeo, hellow0rld, eugene

Translations missing?

Postby iohannis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:35 am

I have the same problem as a previous person in the forum, although the other thread is over a year old. Certain fields in the panel are empty, most likely due to missing language strings. I chose Danish in the installation process, but cannot find where to change that, or where to add missing strings. I see that there is a data/textlang.sql file in the /install directory - perhaps that needs to be run manually.

I used the process at the /install url when I installed Seo Panel, which is the advice given in the previous thread in this forum.

I wish you had used gettext for translations, it's faster and has a fallback to original language if no translation is found.

Please help.
iohannis

Re: Translations missing?

Postby iohannis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:49 am

I looked in the code, and noticed that language is session dependent. So I logged out and in again, and got this to work.

I suggest adding a default language settings in the config file (set at installation perhaps), as well as allowing user specific settings for language. In addition, I think a move from database strings to gettext would be beneficial.
iohannis

Re: Translations missing?

Postby seopanel_forum » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks for checking this. If we logged out or change language it will work. Anyway we need to find the root cause of this issue. It happens after upgrade I think. We will fix it in next version.

Thanks for your suggestion, we will try to implement it in future.

And are you interested to translate seo panel to Danish, then please contact us. We will create login to our common translation system. You can translate it from there. Thanks for your support.
Thanks,
Seo Panel Team
https://www.seopanel.org
seopanel_forum
Site Admin

Return to Seo Panel Installation