Process for Checking Rankings

Discuss about Seo Panel Bugs and Issues

Moderators: sendtogeo, hellow0rld, eugene

Process for Checking Rankings

Postby seo-pro » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi, I have the latest version, just downloaded & installed about 5 days ago... The system seems great... I'm very excited about using it and it seems like this is the perfect tool for my business, but the main reason I will be using it is to check rankings on both my own and clients sites. I will be providing weekly and monthly ranking reports for a large company that claims that they will be providing me with 100 clients as soon as this is set up. I will be giving them a demo of the system any day now and I need to know the following information to address their concerns and questions..

1) I have the system set up on my server now and it is working. Right now, Enable Proxies is set to "Yes", but I have not added any proxies to the Proxy Manager. How is the system currently grabbing the data in this scenario? Is it using an API, a proxy in India or my own IP? Is it scraping the data (or simulating a user)?

2) How many ranking positions are retrieved? 100? 200?

3) I am concerned that I run the risk of getting my IP banned by using this tool. Is this a possibility? For example, I have the software installed on the domain of my main corporate site and I have 100+ other websites on the same server. If there is any risk, I could install this somewhere else. I have just heard that when you work with proxies, that you should plan on getting IP's banned?

4) Does this use any of the API's from the search engines or just proxies to simulate a user (scrape the results)? If it uses the Google API, does it use SOAP, which is no longer being supported or is it using the new Ajax API?

5) When proxies are used, how does it cycle through the proxy IP's? First query goes to one IP, then the next query goes to the next IP and so on, or does it use the first proxy to go through all the queries for one website... (I just need to understand this process, since I have to explain it to my client)

6) I saw the links for the 2 resources for proxies. Are paid proxies better than the free proxies?

6) What time of day does the automatic cron run that updates the rankings?

5) Are there any plugins that address the issue of different types of users with different positions? I am looking for 3 additional roles... (SuperAdmin, Account Manager and user)... Those are in addition to my account access.

Thanks,

Rich
seo-pro

Re: Process for Checking Rankings

Postby seopanel_forum » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks,
Seo Panel Team
https://www.seopanel.org
seopanel_forum
Site Admin

Postby seo-pro » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Wow... thanks for the fast response. This really helps a lot. Re: The roles and permissions, I will contact you directly about that. Sounds great that you have a working version of this.

Re: the proxies.... Okay, so I understand that I will need to use paid proxies. How many do you suggest? and any idea how much it will cost? Which company has the most reliable source of paid proxies at the most affordable price? You can email me directly if its better not to post this info on the forum.

Thanks,

Richard
seo-pro

Postby seopanel_forum » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks for your comments.

I suggest at least 10 proxies and Hope from this link - http://squidproxies.com/private-proxies/ you will get a good plan.
Thanks,
Seo Panel Team
https://www.seopanel.org
seopanel_forum
Site Admin

Postby sritech » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Just sit back and relax while Rank Tracker is checking the keywords. The process can take a while depending on how many search engines you selected,
sritech

Return to Seo Panel Bugs and Issues